“Which one this time?” asked my weary friend.
She’d seen me through many a diet, exercise regime, eating plan over the years.
“This time” I replied, “it’s not a diet. I’m eating like my body was meant to”.
And so I am.
Here are some of the basics that we all know ut have a challenge applying.
- don’t focus on the results, focus on the process and the results will happen
- find an exercise you enjoy
- switch language – not dieting but eating in a healthy way
- develop the belief that you are a fit, healthy, toned slimmer self. Think about self positively
- when stressed, either change the situation or change your attitude to the situation
- eat 70% LIVE food
- watch the metrics – eg glasses of water a day, frequency and duration of exercise
- talk positive – not lose weight, but gain health
- 50-100g – turkey, salmon, tuna, meat, chicken, fish or 1/2 doz prawns
- 3 cups salad veggies
- pump up the H2O
- no wheat, carbs – boiled egg instead (6 per week ok)
It’s working. What else can I say?
I’m convinced that our pre-packaged, convenience food culture is making us obese and sick.
Returning to food as close to the source as possible ie fresh foods (preferably minimally processed) is the best solution and so much easier, cheaper and less harmful than any pills, potions or bariatric surgery.
I’m not denouncing those methods, and for a few people, they are necessary where morbidity is involved. But for most of us who are overweight or obese, getting fresh air and fresh food is ideal.